Review: Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Georgina Kincaid #6

Georgina Kincaid has had an eternity to figure out the opposite sex, but sometimes they still surprise her. Take Seth Mortensen. The man has risked his soul to become Georgina's boyfriend. Still, with Lucifer for a boss, Georgina can't just hang up her killer heels and settle down to domestic bliss. In fact, she's being forced to transfer operations. . .to Las Vegas.

The City of Sin is a dream gig for a succubus, but Georgina's allies are suspicious. Why are the powers-that-be so eager to get her away from Seattle—and from Seth? Georgina is one of Hell's most valuable assets, but if there's any way out of the succubus business she plans to take it—no matter how much roadkill she leaves behind. She just hopes the casualties won't include the one man she's risking everything for. . .

This is the final book of this terrific series. When I initially read the summary of the first book in this series, I was not that interested. Little did I know that this would turn out to be one of my top series. The main character is a succubi and throughout the whole series, you find out about how she becomes one of Hell's minions. You will also come to the conclusion that she wasn't meant to be on the "dark" side and that she's worthy of redemption. As a succubus who is supposed to lure all these men into sinning with her, she ends up falling in love with a mortal. Obviously, it's a complicated relationship.

Sometimes, when a series ends, they don't wrap up every loose thread and that bothers me, unless it's for a spin-off. To my knowledge, no spin-off here though I wouldn't mind it for Carter or, if possible, Roman. The ending for this particular series was fantastic. It closed up all the loose ends and answered most of the questions we have. Now it does leave us with a question or two, but it's mainly a "what did/will happen to them?" type of question; a possible continuation of certain characters, if you will. But the basis of the story, Georgina's story, that is, every question is pretty much answered. I loved it and it made me happy.

As I mentioned, it's one of my top favorite series. I mean, I have quite a few, but that's because there are many books in the world with many great authors. But I really fell in love with Georgina's story and even though she's on the side of Hell, you can't help but root for her. It is a series you have to read in order. I didn't find too much action in the book, but a lot was still going on. I did find myself skimming some paragraphs, but I think that was me getting anxious to finding out something. I absolutely recommend it!

0 bibliophiles:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Mzalisakay. What The Smut... 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.