Waiting on Wednesday {3}

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by breaking the spine where everyone mentions a book they are anxiously awaiting on...


 Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
Series: The Broken Empire #2
Publication Date: August 7th 2012


The Broken Empire burns with the fires of a hundred battles as lords and petty kings battle for the all-throne. The long road to avenge the slaughter of his mother and brother has shown Prince Honorous Jorg Ancrath the hidden hands behind this endless war. He saw the game and vowed to sweep the board. First though he must gather his own pieces, learn the rules of play, and discover how to break them.

A six nation army, twenty thousand strong, marches toward Jorg's gates, led by a champion beloved of the people. Every decent man prays this shining hero will unite the empire and heal its wounds. Every omen says he will. Every good king knows to bend the knee in the face of overwhelming odds, if only to save their people and their lands. But King Jorg is not a good king.

Faced by an enemy many times his strength Jorg knows that he cannot win a fair fight. But playing fair was never part of Jorg’s game plan.


I'm actually really into this series. It's dark fantasy; really gory and well, dark. Sort of along the lines of Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicle, but of course, very different from each other. I'm not comparing the two, just saying that they are both very dark fantasy books that aren't YA. You may think it's mature YA or along those lines, but no, very dark so be aware of that. But I enjoy the story and the character, Jorg, love to love him though he's so young. He's 14, but in his world he's a man (and he's 6' tall...wth do they eat?!) Only 8 Long freaking months to go.




Biting Cold by Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #6
Publication Date: August 7th 2012



Turned into a vampire against her will, twenty-eight-year-old Merit found her way into the dark circle of Chicago’s vampire underground, where she learned there was more to supernaturals than met the eye—and more supernaturals than the public ever imagined. And not all the secrets she learned were for sharing—among humans or inhumans.

Now Merit is on the hunt, charging across the stark American Midwest, tailing a rogue supernatural intent on stealing an ancient artifact that could unleash catastrophic evil on the world. But Merit is also the prey. An enemy of Chicagoland is hunting her, and he’ll stop at nothing to get the book for himself. No mercy allowed. No rules apply. No lives spared. The race is on


I love my Ethan! If you read Drink Deep, the previous book, you know what happened towards the end. Why isn't that mentioned at all in the blurb? WTH? What kind of "description" is that? I want to know what happens! Is it real, is it for good?
{Warning: Spoiler}
Do they have great make-up sex? What?! Well, I guess it would be less make-up, more catch-up. I want to live vicariously through Merit, damn it.
Anyways, I get that they probably don't want to give too much away especially for those who aren't caught up with the series or whatever. But what about us faithful readers? I don't want to wait 8 whole months to find out. Boo. Bet your ass, I'll be waiting for the midnight release of this :0)


Let me know what you are waiting on. Is it new, a sequel, part of a series, what? I want to know because, you know, obviously I need more books to be added to my TBR list (which currently is about 500+ strong 0_o)

13 bibliophiles:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they both sound wonderful!

My pick this week: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday35.html

-★Wendy★
A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

Anonymous said...

Biting Cold sounds very interesting. I like the cover a lot! Great picks! Thank you for sharing!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Kimberly said...

I've been eyeing the Chicagoland Vampires series. Great picks :)

Here are my WOW picks.

Kat
Wit and Sin

Unknown said...

I have heard such great things about the Chicagoland Vampire's series! I must start it soon! I didn't know it was all the way up to six books now!

Visit my WOW

Marathon said...

Chloe Neil has been haunting me everywhere! I would love to know when I'm actually going to pick up one of her books, *lol*

Have an amazing reading week, Alisa!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Grace Fonseca said...

Old follower. Great pick. Come visit me as well. This cover looks great.

Grace
Livre De Amour-Books of Love

Anonymous said...

Great picks! enjoy.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

A Beautiful Madness said...

I really need to read some Chloe Neil. I haven't read anything by heard. Great picks.
Em
My WOW
A Beautiful Madness

Kristi The Book Faery said...

I love The Chicagoland Vamps! Can't wait for Biting Cold to come out or a chance to get an ARC :o]

Great choice, Chica!!!

Bleuette said...

I love the cover for King of Thorns, I still haven't read the first book but I really want to! Really have to pick up a copy soon! New Follower! :)

My WOW

Felicia said...

Great picks! Especially Biting Cold. I've yet to read the book that comes before that, but I love the cover. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Livin' Life Through Books

Anonymous said...

Never heard of either of these; ooh, I'm so excited for Mara! She's got a really awesome name too.. well, fake name! It sounds so intriguing!
Thank you for commenting!
Romi.x

Mitchii G. said...

(super late) Very interesting picks! I like Chloe Neil's Dark Elite series. I might consider this books as well.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. <3

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Mzalisakay. What The Smut... 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.