Happy Oct & I'm Back! & BotW? ...

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ah, it's good to be back. With school starting and my little one having to stay home with me without big brother, it took a while to get a schedule going. It's still not going well for us >_< Eh, what are you going to do?

Though I've been gone, I've still gotten loads of reading done. I've caught up more on my reading and have been on a roll lately. So many new books are out today & I'm so glad that I've been able to get my hands on them & I've promptly loaded several books on to my Kindle already. Squee! Lots of new books to read this week plus others that I haven't read yet that were previously released, plus all the indie releases. I will never be caught up, but that's okay.

Have I mentioned that I love new releases Tuesday? LOVE it! My kids were driving me so crazy last night. All I could think of was that it would be okay eventually because Tuesday will have to come sooner or later. All those sweet new releases will be safely waiting to be read on my Kindle. Whatever gets me through the day.

Now, let's get started on current reads, September wrap-ups, October to be reads and the continuation of my Book of the Week!

I am currently 24% (39 of 154) into Ballroom Blitz by Lorelei James. She is one of my favorite authors. I really love her cowboy stuff - the Rough Rider series - amazing reads. Especially if you are a fan of small towns, cowboy/ranching men, and contemporary romance :0) Ballroom Blitz is an interesting read so far. I see the tie-in to the Rough Rider series, but this is a standalone. Well, it's a companion novella to be read with the other Two to Tango books/line. I will finish this probably within an hour since it's a short book & move on to the next :0)

In the month of September, I read 44 books. Few were short stories. Honorable mentions that I think were worth reading are:
Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Hard Core by Jennifer Lowery
Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
Degrees of Wrong by Anna Scarlett
Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh
On Dublin Street by by Samantha Young
&
Evelyn Vine be Mine by Chelle Michiter

I've rated most of those books 4 to 5 stars out of 5. Some were inducted into my favorites shelf on Goodreads. I would suggest checking them out at least :0) Or checking out my GR account if you'd like to see what other books I've recently read & rated. I read a lot of Highland series recently that I think are definitely worth reading, but too many to mention at once. Mostly were Pamela Clare & Lynsay Sands' works. Good stuff!

So many new releases today! There were loads of new releases in the past few weeks that I've been hoping to read, but haven't gotten a chance yet either. Some older and indie releases that I was hoping to get to as well. I will try to list them from older to newer releases, but I'm hoping to get to these in October:
Behind Closed Doors by Shannon McKenna
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Mar  *started and quite a bit in, but put it down for a spell.
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
Run the Risk by Lori Foster
The Diviners by Libba Bray
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Reflected in You by Sylvia Day
Undeniable by Alison Kent
Breathe by Sarah Crossan
Death and the Girl Next Door by Darinda Jones
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
& etc. etc.

Those are the main ones I hope to read by the end of October. Sometimes I just veer off what I hope to read because I'm not in the right mood to enjoy the books I've previously picked out. Oh well, reading is reading. I don't mind as long as I enjoy whatever I do happen to read :0) I may pick up a few scary books as well since it is October!

I will continue with my Book of the Week next week so hopefully everyone is looking forward to that. Happy readings until then :0) Let me know what you are looking forward to reading that just recently released OR is coming up this month!

1 bibliophiles:

Delaney said...

Aww, yeah, school takes up everyone's time! Hope you get back on track and i got Alice in Zombieland! :)

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Mzalisakay. What The Smut... 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.